WELCOME TO PARADISE HONORS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Students, parents and guardians welcome to Paradise Honors Elementary School ’s nineteenth year! As we move into the 2017-2018 school year, we are dedicated to providing excellence in education.
It is with great excitement that as we expand we are fortunate to have two principals work together to achieve our mission, “Every child, every day, prepared to meet life’s challenges.” Mrs. MacWilliams-SeKoch will be the K-2 Principal. She has been with Paradise Schools for 12 years. Mrs. Gonzales will be the 3-5 Principal, who has been here for 15 years. We look forward to working with the students, parents, teachers and staff in making this another incredible school year. Collaboratively we can achieve great successes.
Paradise Honors Elementary School is committed to working together with our families and community members to support the education of our students. PHES maintains a strong commitment to standards-based curriculum that meets the needs of our students through effective instruction and individualized learning plans. We will also continue to promote positive behavior through our 6 Pillars of Character Program. As partners in these efforts, we can foster well-rounded citizens for our school community.
We look forward to seeing you all at our community events this school year. A few of our schoolwide events include; Curriculum Nights, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Family Math/Reading Nights, Drama Productions, Music Concerts and much more! After school clubs and athletic intramurals will continue to be offered throughout the school year. Your support and participation make these special events successful. Please look for these events in the monthly newsletters, as well as on our school and teacher websites.
Please take the time to read through the handbook with your child(ren) and familiarize yourself with the content. Together, we can make this a wonderful school year. Thank you for entrusting Paradise Honors Elementary School with the education of your child.
Mrs. Gonzales and Mrs. MacWilliams-SeKoch
VISION, MISSION AND BELIEFS
Every student, every day, prepared to meet life’s challenges.
A safe learning community committed to fostering personal growth and academic excellence.
- Paradise Schools has six core beliefs that create a challenging and enriching environment for all students.
- We believe students learn in a school atmosphere that is safe, respectful, and maintains high academic and behavior expectations.
- We believe in implementing rigorous student-centered curriculum focused on preparing students for their future.
- We believe in developing authentic relationships built on trust, communication, and a common goal.
- We believe in establishing a professional learning community enriched with on-going staff development and collaboration.
- We believe in recruiting and maintaining highly effective staff members that are capable and advocate for the betterment of the school rather than self.
- We believe in creating a leadership team that guides and governs our school community through sound judgement and best practices.